|
you're the one for me >> but I do not know who and where you are........... <
">
You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process. Thought Process / Blessed / Linguistically intelligent?! / Phenomenal / Sick / Hazy Hazy / Fear / Sleeping Girl / Origins of Useless / Recess Break?! / |
Mental Health Day / Saturday, October 14, 2006 @ 10:35 PM
Mental Health Day I decided to make today my Mental Health Day since I have been working so hard these few months. Therefore today, I did not do a single school work. Yesterday was a long day since I only slept at 4 am so I wanted today to be a relaxing day so I can recharge and be rejuvenated. However in the morning around 7 am, I received and sms from Kak Ju who informed me that she has safely given birth to a healthy baby boy the night before. I was sleeping of course, but I have this habit of responding to all my smses and then going back to sleep. This can happen for more than 10 times, and I could still go back to sleep peacefully. Since I had no plans today, I decided to visit her in the hospital later in the afternoon. It was a few minutes later I receive another sms from Nuraini who wanted to come along with me. And so, we went to the hospital together, it was all not planned and there we were looking for a suitable baby gift together. I kinda of miss the times we had in poly, I truly miss the happy chatting. After we arrived, after getting lost (no fault of mine!) I finally met Kak Ju whom I have not seen since her wedding day! Can you believe how long we have not met each other? Usually I do not visit people after their new born because I have different friends who have new born baby almost every month. However, I consider Kak Ju and Nuraini one of my closest friends so I went over despite being exhausted and sleepy. After listening to her journey towards motherhood, from the period she experience giving birth till now, it was scary. I guess every mother went through that 'I-almost-die-giving-birth-to-you' phase. It does scare me a bit but hey, once you see your baby, you will forget the pain and you will want a second miracle. I was happy I was there, I do not want people to call me a bad friend because I was not there because I was busy. My friends who know me well, realise that sometimes I just have to priotize and in the process, might have dissapointed some people. Well, I cant please everyone. I hope they understand, if not now, someday. Nuraini and me totally forgot to ask Kak Ju about the letter! It all started around 4 years ago. I just graduated from poly and was jobless. I was at a point in my life where nothing was going according to plan. In other words, I had nothing to be proud about. Nuraini on the other hand, just got a job as a lab technician and was doing quite well. So one day while we were in Clarke Quay, the 3 of us, decided to write down what we wanted to have within the next 3 years. We each took a paper and started writing down. I finished first because I didnt really expect much, I just wanted a real job and some decent income. The other 2 girls took some time to write and I believe they really write in detail what they wanted. After we were done, we sealed all the papers and passed on the person next to us for them to keep. We agreed to not open the seal but to help keep it and pass it back to the owner when the time comes. It has been 4 years! We kinda overshot the date but I was holding Nuraini's paper and my paper is with Kak Ju! I cant really remember in detail what I wrote which is why I cant wait to open the seal and see how many of those goals have been accomplished. I believe I wrote something about wanting to work in social service industry and hey I was working there for the past years. I also remembered not writing in detail about my personal life and that probably explains the situation I am going through now. After entering the business, I learned about the power of writing down goals. I now realise that whatever I wrote down then, has all been achieved except for one. I regreted not writing higher goals in detail. If only I had written back more then......... After talking to Samina last week, she asked me to write down the qualities I want in that someone. After writing it down, just believe and speak it. It will come true. It is certainly not easy to hope for something I have totally lost faith in. However, I am still trying and I really hope God open this heart of mine and return the hope and faith in this matter that was once lost. I have not written that list yet.....maybe I should go do it now. Have a greater weekend than planned! |