|
you're the one for me >> but I do not know who and where you are........... <
">
You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process. My Attempts To Save The World / Looking Beautiful / Dancing In The Rain / Warning! A very long post! Run for your lives!! / Back! / Will Be right Back! / People Skill / Where is the fairy tale life after marriage? / Mixed Emotions / Leaders Are Readers / |
Official News / Wednesday, April 12, 2006 @ 7:28 PM
Its official. I will be leaving my current job. I officially signed my appoinment letter today after the briefing. I have been a ppointed as a technical support officer and will be commencing in late June. I was required to sign a 3 year contract. 1 year consist of studying in NIE and another 2 years is the period I have to serve prior to completing the course successfully. Only after I complete the course, will be designation be changed to Special Needs Officer. It is just a good feeling to be employed by the government compared to a privately owned company. This means that all bonuses, staff benefits and salary scale will follow the governments entitlement. So far the goverment here make pretty fair laws, and that explains why we have not had any riots since....I cant remember when. And I dont see the government making any stupid and ridiculous laws in the future either. Therefore, I believe being a civil servant is a good move, a change from my past working experiences.I am having mixed feelings. I am happy and glad that I got this job. At the same time, I am sad that I will be leaving. I have been with some of the kids since 2003 . They have all grown up, become smarter, grown fatter and slimmer, but what have I changed into? Apart from having more experience, and having better communication with parents, school teachers and students, I dont see myself making any big leap. I have always emphasize lifelong learning to the kids but was I doing what I was preaching? Noooooooo. I started thinking to myself. What are my benefits in staying? Will I be making any major career advancement? Is there ever going to be an opportunity for me to improve myself and bring myself to a higher level, a more improved level, a more respectable level? I just could not find a positive answer to any of these questions. Furthermore, I am not having the best relationship with the boss. I think she hates me as much as I hate her too. But just because she is the boss, she has the right and power to practice favoritism and can choose at any time to malign me for no apparent reason. There has been many times, my credibility was questioned and I sense a lack of respect to me, even from the other staffs over at her side of the office. I may be wrong. I may also be right.I put a lot of time and effort in this job and I do not like it when people doubt my professionali sm. Recent events at the workplace has made me even more determined to leave. However, I hate to leave in a negative manner, but I believe I need to give this witch my piece of mind of all the horrible things she has done, not just to me but also to the other staffs. I would not be doing anyone justice if I dont do this. Honestly, I have never met such an incorrigible person! I have no idea why in the world she is in a social service industry where our main motto is to help the community. How do we help the community when our own staffs are unhappy and overworked?!What I am really sad about is leaving my wonderful colleagues behind. They are the best colleagues in the world!! They are not just my friends anymore, but they are like the sisters I never had! I will also miss the wonderful kids whom I have scolded, tortured (so called haha), disciplined, cared and loved for. I was so focused and involved in wanting to change them but in return, they have changed me into someone I would never have become if they didnt step into my life. And they have changed me from someone who hates kids, to someone who loves kids. I am thankful for the times they listened to me, even when they are angry at me when I punished them for a wrong they did. I see respect and love in each and every one of their eyes and that is enough to make this experience worth it. Anyone can teach, but not everyone can care.Goodness, why in the world do I get teary everytime I think about this?! I think I need help!! Arghhhh!! |