you're the one for me >>
but I do not know who and where you are........... < ">

You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process.



I have no inspiration for a tittle today / End of school holidays / Time? Where? / Liar Liar / Some pictures / Miao Miao / Right Track / Bored to death / Clean up to save your health / Too sweet for reality? /

Safe heart / Monday, July 02, 2007 @ 10:21 PM
Safe Heart

I know what you guys must be thinking. Haha..aint no love story here ok. Sorry to dissapoint you. Haha!

Ok, I must confess, I have been feeling off lately, my reflections are all not quite how it is usually is. Somehow, I feel disconnected and I have no idea what caused this. It could be due to the fact that I just completed my 4 reflections and it took me half a day to finish. I wonder why I am taking too long to write. I actually have trouble expressing myself and using the right words. Oh no. Have I lost my gift?

Anyway, thank God my heart is fine, in fact I think I am a pretty heartless person when it comes to ______. However when it comes to children and animals, my heart has never failed me. Btw, I have not been playing with any stray cats. It makes me sad that I have no cats of my own. They always make me so happy.

Or it could be due to the fact that there is so much to do, diagnostic summary, timetables to plan, lesson plans, reflections, project...I am exhausted. I seriously need a break, I sleep 7 to 8 hours everyday, I must be really exhausted, either that or I am getting old.

You know, if you are reading this via multiply or friendster, it just goes to prove that technology has brought us all together. From these two, I realised how there has been a sudden baby boom around me. About 80% of my friends are snapping baby pictures and putting it online. It is great of course and children bring about the greatest joy in a family. However, have we ever stop to think whether we are equip with the right knowledge to guide children?

I have been watching this show called Nanny 911 where parents call these professional nannies to help them control their children. Now, the first episode was a shocker, there was this child who actually shouted out that he wanted to kill his parent!

Ok I know that we are all now into the self esteem of a child. Trust me, I just completed my 3 pages of reflections on self esteem of children. BUT, in a family, the parents MUST take control. They must be in charge and be the authority that they are supposed to be. You can still be a friend AND a parent to a child.

Anyway, I always think that I will be a better parent than my parents. We always think that we can be better parents than our parents right? It is not that I think that my parents are horrible at parenting but I think it could be better especially in the self esteem department. I think I was seriously deprived of praises and encouragement as a child and it took me a long time to adjust myself to sing praises to a child when they do something good. This can last all the way to adulthood if you do not do something to change your attitude. I know, sometimes we let our past bad experiences shadow our views about the world. The world is a reflection of your thinking, clear your views so that you can enjoy its beauty.

Today I was bummed when I read the school newsletter written by the principal. In the midst of welcoming the new teachers graduating from NIE and bidding farewell to the contract teachers going into NIE, guess who was conveniently forgotten? Do people forget that I will be graduating from NIE too?

Maybe it is because I have not proved myself yet. I shall get it done. It shall be done.

Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high. Look at it squarely in the eyes and say, I will be bigger that you. You cannot defeat me.

I realised today that if you are looking for recognition and a smooth sailing journey, this profession is not for you. SNOs are seriously misuderstood and we end up explaining ourselves and our actions over and over again. We definitely deserve to be more that TSO.

Dear friends, keep this in mind:

You will always be compensated in life in direct proportion to the value of your contribution. If you want to get more out, you have to put more in. There is no other way.

Hang on and keep the faith;)
Layout by Gabby. Images from here and here. Inspired by tumblr.