|
you're the one for me >> but I do not know who and where you are........... <
">
You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process. Reminder / Working life that works / Birthdays and what nots / Self Esteem Workshop / Give me a break. / Super late and super long entry!!! / Chasing Dreams / Under the weather...but not for long! / Blessed / Touched / |
Where do we go from here? / Sunday, May 02, 2010 @ 11:34 PM
Where do we go from here? This is a super long outdated entry. Haha! A few weeks ago, my primary schoolmates had a gathering. For most of us, the last time we met was when we were 12 years old but thanks to technology and facebook, we were able to find each other again and catch up. Thanks to Farhana and Mazri who really coordinated the whole thing. We decided to meet at Mazri's brother's condo bbq pit. It was really a nice place, peaceful, not crowded at all, just us and there was a nice breeze and a pool. Would love to jump into it but I was not in attire at all. The best part was simply catching up and talking. The girls were awesome and its funny because amongst, us there were almost equal number of those married with kids, attached and singles. I would have predicted that everyone would have gotten married by now. Haha.. Here is Hamdan taking photos with all the ladies. (He did not want to miss the opportunity:p) ![]() The guys were all unmaried but of course some of them are already attached. Come to think of it, we are almost reaching the 30th year of our life so to see so many of us still 'unsettled' surprises me. Perhaps its the busy work and the limited number of opportunities that may have been presented to us. Nevertheless, it was pretty obvious that we are all still searching for that right person. ![]() Actually we do know of some of our classmates who are married but were not there. Some with kids more than 1. It was great to see CT Norhaliana there, she is holding the record for the most of number of kids, for now anyway. It is so funny because the last time I saw her, she was a kid herself and now she has 3 kids! Wow..time really flies and she really reminds me of some of the parents of the students in my school. Tired looking. Gosh, I hope I do not look that tired when I have my 3 kids ..haha. ![]() Group picture!! While it was good to catch up, I cannot help noticing how everyone (Except CT and Azrinda who are ever skinny) has gain weight. Me, on the contrary, have lost weight. Yay. It has always been a dream of mine to be healthy and to be slim is just a byproduct. It was a potluck gathering, there was so much food to eat. We could not finish ALL the food and end up packing all the food home for CT's kids at home. The best and my favourite was this brownie cake, baked and specially done by Sue. ![]() It was our primary school's logo!!!! How awesome is that??!!!!!!! Brings back so many wonderful memories. I love my primary school, even the teachers no matter how naggy they were. I wonder if any of them are still teaching now. By now, they must be in the 50s and 60s. I am glad I come from an 80s primary school, because back then, school work load was not as heavy as now. I remember playing during recess, watching concerts, singing during assemblies, participating in concerts (I did malay dance can you believe it or not!! Haha.) I remember doing well in school, getting all excited when I got top 4 in the class. I was always the quiet one and I remain in the teacher's good books. Now, come to think of it, I really love my childhood. It was a happy time for me. What a small world it is, that some of my primary school mates are now my junior AEDs and one of them was my primary school monitor, also known as the famous boy whom everyone know. Sometimes, our path cross and we have the opportunity to reflect, where do we go from here? During the meet up, one thing was for sure, EVERYONE went through so much. With regards to work, family, and others issues. I think at this age, people tend to reflect more, compared to when we were in our early twenties. At this age, before reaching the big 30, we tend to think more about the future, where do we want to go from here, what do we really want to do, what really matters to us etc. And its good because the experiences we went through really shape the way we look at things now. For me, I realise that even if I had change one thing in the past, my life would be completely different now. Even though life has not exactly been smooth sailing for me, I am very happy to say, this year, the 29th year has been one of my happiest years. I am happy with my job, I am happy with my body and losing weight, I am happy with the business, the family is good, I do not have any psychos in my life, no emotional problems, I have great friends, its been simply awesome. However, do not mistake being happy and contented as not progressing. While I am happy with the way things are now, there are most definitely certain aspects of my life that can be better. And I am not just going to wish it. I am doing something about it. I am in the process of constant changing and moving away from mediocrity, a fear for me. But I have also learnt to smell the roses along the way, pamper myself, laugh at myself, sometimes at others, enjoy life in general. The journey is a lot better this way. I wish I had known this before, but hey, better late than never right. Now is the best time to shape the future, because it will be here before we know it again. Have an awesome start to the week! ;) |