|
you're the one for me >> but I do not know who and where you are........... <
">
You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process. A time to mourn and rejoice / Personality Clusters / Its time / Simple neat or neat freak? / This is temporary. / Award! / Importance of correct spelling / Doing the right thing or be popular? / The Lamp / TGIF / |
Beginning with an end in mind / Saturday, May 12, 2007 @ 7:18 AM
Beginning with an end in mind Finally. Today was the last day for TP. Even though there are others (particularly teachers) who celebrate, I believe the SNOs especially those specializing in Dyslexia are no longer in the mood to celebrate. This is because we start full deployment next Tuesday, after a 1 day induction at Teachers Network. Furthermore the schedule from DAS really sucked that I was in mourning the whole week. This week, I wore black from Monday to Friday. Not the same outfit, but the same colour. It amazes me that I have so many black outfits and even if I decide to wear black consecutively for 2 weeks, I will not be repeating any outfits. Anyway, Wednesdays open meeting was phenomenal. I must say that William, apart from Eddie, shows a fantastic plan. I particularly liked it because it is so factual and it logical. Wednesdays open was different because William actually brought out our emotional dream. He made us close our eyes and envisioned our dreams. I was ok for the first few minutes but as we proceed, I realized I was tearing. Damn. People are gonna see me cry so was trying my very best to control. It was only after we opened our eyes that I realized that I was not the only one. Some of the guys were tearing too. Wow. I was totally blown away. What he did was to let us feel. Feel the people, touch the atmosphere, listen to the surroundings, taste the excitement, smell the peace and capture the picture of that moment. I do not think I have ever done such powerful envisioning. I went home with that thought and until today, I still see the same picture, I still remember the feeling of peace and total freedom. I think I just visited my future. I learned this: Begin with an end in mind. This is not the first time I read and hear this. I did start out with an end in mind. That is in the process of happening. Actually I just got home from a very phenomenal PASE meeting where it was so hot, the lights went off in the middle of the Icook demo. It was so awesome because we had Koresh, a chef from Hilton Hotel doing the cooking. Everything looked so easily done by the professional. I am sure when I do it, it will not be so easy. Anyway the steak, tom yam, spaghetti tastde great! I did not have the chance to taste the mashed potatoes though. It smelled really good, I was almost drooling! Haha! I have always admired guys who can cook. I think it is really cool. Anyway, today was weird because the cab driver did not know the way and it took me 30 minutes to reach Margarets place! In the end he only took 5 bucks from me and apologizes profusely. I was not angry but was slightly upset that I wasted so much time. When I arrived, I saw that our Eagle Saifudin was the host. I sat at the back with Julie and they were just talking about books. I wanted to speak on functions so I was glad that I did not miss that section. I was busy trying to unfold the chair at the back for Jahan who just arrived when I heard my name being mentioned by the host. I was trying to listen and yes he was indeed speaking about me. He mentioned about me, who was quiet but when sharing of information was done, I was so different from whom he initially thought I was. He mentioned the time when I shared about books The First Book of Life Skills, particularly on the topic of saying thank you. He then went on to say that he will always remember the way I said, Phenomenal. I do not even remember this. Amazingly, what I said so many months ago had so much impact on such an awesome leader. Wow..I now realized how much power the spoken words can have on someone. Therefore, speak right, you might just add value to the people around you. You will not be able to do this if you are not on BOM. Leaders are readers. Finally, after not sharing for quite some time, I finally find myself enough courage to go up and share. I wanted to edify William, Eddie and Margaret and I finally get to do that. I got to do what I wanted and I am thankful for that. During Williams team message he called out my name, and looked at me and said: You are not alone. We are in this together. And together we shall walk on the beaches of the world. That meant so much to me. I shall not let my lovelines down. I find that his teachings have so much impact on me, I will even think about it randomly, while doing other stuffs. He said this: Someone who fears rejection will not be successful, not just in life but also in other areas of their lives as well. How true. I am so glad I am part of this winner team. |