you're the one for me >>
but I do not know who and where you are........... < ">

You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process.



Facing the GIANTS / Ni xing fen ma?!! / FED Malaysia / Away for FED / Eagle's Nest 2 / Madness week! / Homey / BBS, Night owl and TD / Eagle's Nest / My darlings /

Reaching Generation X / Saturday, November 29, 2008 @ 11:46 PM
Reaching Generation X



I had the opportunity to spend some time with bestie drinking hot chocolate on Wednesday night after the function. Oh yes, the cheesecake I had became nice simply because of the company I had. Which reminds me, I need to take care of my food intake from now on- strictly. I have been noticing that my cheeks now resembles my pillow so before any other major signs appear, I had better start planning food intake of the week.

Not to make excuses but due to the hectic schedule, I have been neglecting food intake and even sleeping hours. That is going to change right now.

Anyway, I actually enjoy long lunches and breakfasts, of course with the great company. Working means this is not possible at all. Our breakfast and lunch are either in between breaks or in front of the computer. Its almost impossible to have a proper good lunch but I guess I inherited this when I took this job. Nevertheless, all is temporary as I am delaying gratification.



Still on the topic of food, I had not taken my parents out for a few weeks and today Mama really wanted to eat at Arnolds so we decided to go there. I actually am not a fan of Arnolds but I went anyway so that my parents got to enjoy themselves just for a while. I know eating for free (because I am paying :p) makes them happy. It is truly my dream to do this for as long as I can and I intend it to be forever. Even when in future when I have my own family, I still want to do this for them. And the only way to do that is to be free. By getting that freedom we are fighting for.

I guess the only good thing about growing up in a low to average income family is how it made me appreciate the abundance of wealth that is available out there. I remembered leaving school and vowing never ever to live a life where money was an issue. I soon discovered that a job was ok, but was not the solution to a permanent problem.

As they get older, I now have to run faster, get this done in the next 2 years so that my dad can retire, in peace, so that he can enjoy life. No one should ever be working beyond 50 years old you know, its ridiculous!

Which reminds me, the China diamond, Mr Wang said that if we cannot give our parents $800 and more, do not even dare say that you are being loyal to your parents.


I am always so touched when Tommy and Snowy greet me whenever I come home. On the left is Tommy who decided to lie down in front of my at the void deck so that I can massage him! So clever. Snowy was smart enough to follow. It is my dream to be a cat magnet and this was truly evident when both of them ran towards me 2 days ago when I reach home.



If you can find a group of of people with common values, grab them and move up together with them.- William Anthony (shared at PASE)

This picture was taken during FED Singapore. Can you spot me? Some were smart to wear red so that they can be seen! Haha. This team changes my life. I am nothing without the team that supported me, motivated me, excite me, cheer me and never give up on me. This is truly the best team in all my years doing this.

I was super excited and ecstatic for the Gek San who went Eagle and with that she is the youngest Eagle in the Gala Singapore team. Why? Because she is not even 21 years old!! It is soooo exciting and she really shut everyone who uses the 'I am too young' excuses up. Come on, if she can do this, anyone can do this ;)

As you know Charlie Durso is my favourite speaker so when I was in KL I grabbed this cd tittled 'Reaching Generation X'. I thought it was Charlie talking but it turns out, that it was a discussion of panel of platinums who were all below 27 years old. Some of those who shared included:

1. Mike (25 years old) from New York
2. Jonathan from Florida who was in corporate management
3. Adam (20 years old) who was a college student (woa!)
4. Randy, a service writer from Pensylvania
5. Ben (22 years old) from New York
6. Eric from Ohio who has a degree in manufacturing, student athelete
7. Louise(25 years old) nuclear design engineer
8. Warren (27 years old) engineer from New York
9. Dennis (25 years old) had a masters degree in education from New York
10. Joe from Florida who had literally 22 jobs before this
11. Tony (27 years old) from New York, who seen the plan at 15 when his parents did the business

So, if we were to have a similar panel in Singapore, and the cut off age is 30 years, will your name be on it?

Make it happen ;)

Layout by Gabby. Images from here and here. Inspired by tumblr.