you're the one for me >>
but I do not know who and where you are........... < ">

You can call me Noi! This blog consists of my thoughts. I am just a simple person with BIG dreams! Like the charcoal, hot pressure and extreme heat must be present in order to create a Diamond. I am in the exact same process.



Tagged! / A Tribute To My Landlords / Another death. Another sign for me? / Receiving and Giving Compliments / I'm With Stupid / Superman Impersonator A Growing Trend? / Thank you. What A Pleasant Suprise / Speaking Right / Everyday Stuffs /

What Do You Really Want? / Sunday, March 05, 2006 @ 4:39 PM
Yesterday I had an encounter with a 'red light'. A red light is a term I use to describe people who are extremely negative towards the business that I do. This guy is an engineer by profession and he just resigned as the project manager for some company because he found it too stressful. Initially I thought that he was at least a 'yellow light' as he appear sharp for business. Throughout the process, I was calm and composed even though some of the questions he asked seemed pretty dumb for someone who has held high positions before in a company. Being in this busines for some time, I have learned that the best way to deal with these kind of people is not to argue back but to agree with whatever they think. I was already convinced in the 1st 15 mins of the appoinment that he is not someone I want to do business with. So finally I said something that he never expected:

Me: Ok, I can see that this business is not for you but let me ask you something. What is it that you are looking for? You seem to go from job to job, so what do you really want in this life?

Red Light: I dont know, am still looking for it (chuckles)

I have got a message for you buddy, if you dont know what you are looking for, you aint gonna find it. What bothers me the most is that at the age of 40, he still does not know what he wants in this life.

Yes, when we were growing up, our parents made all the decisions for us, when we go to work, our bosses make all the decisions for us. When it is time to decide what we really want, we do not know. We do not know how to make a decision. We are so used to following the crowd that we do not know what to do if we do not follow the crowd.

Generally every human being wants to 2 things. Happiness and success. However this is too general. We are not being specific. The questions you need to ask yourself is: What is your definition of happiness. What is it that makes you happy? What is success to you? Different people have different definitions for happiness and success. It may be as simple as getting your children to listen to you for once. That can be success and happiness for some people.

Even for myself, I didnt really understand the term success. After graduation, I didnt know what to major in, what job to take. I hated not knowing what I want. I just went with the flow, followed everyone else apply for jobs and just grab whatever job that came along. I thought success was having a good, high paid job, having a car etc. Yes I have a job, yes I am paid ok, not as high as I want but still ok. I soon question myself, is this all there is? This is success? It didnt feel good at all!

I was then taught to discover myself, what really makes me happy? What is my definition of sucess? One thing for sure is that, I have to be different. I have to break away from the crowd, take a risk and go on in pursuit of a new challenge. At first I was not very serious, I was not even as disciplined as I want but I never lost the determination and faith to succeed. To be on stage, to earn respect, friendship and to earn the rightful leadership from the people around me. To help others succeed as well, and achive happiness knowing that I made a difference in someone's life. Someone's life is better because of me.

Now its your turn, what do you really want in this life? What is your definition of success and happiness?

See more Motivation Posters at
www.motivationposters.com/free
Layout by Gabby. Images from here and here. Inspired by tumblr.